Thursday, October 6, 2011

Period 2:

I used Nathan and Yanel as my subjects. I used a shorter Fstop to emphasize on their facial and head characteristics, and not the noisy background. I used the rule of thirds to place the strong white and almost black in one corner, and their two faces in two others. I attempted to get both a strong white and a strong black, but I only achieved a solid white on Nathan's shirt. I wasn't trying to convey any message, this was more of just a practice run outside with these SLR's, and to learn about developing/printing. I thought I did well, considering this is my first print, I could have tried avoiding the dust on Nathan's face, and to leave it in the developer longer to create more contrast, but all in all... I'm proud of my work. I feel that it's successful in capturing their personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment