Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Period 6: Arbus Inspired

I used my bestfriend Cody for my Diane Arbus inspired shoot. Cody is sweet and completely sincere from head to toe, it's almost impossible to make this guy mad. I made him stand and just talk to me about his day, and caught him in between stories or sentences, while he was fixing his hair or pulling up his pants. In this picture he was squinting to get the sun out of his eyes, and it makes his expression look angry or frustrated, a little bothered... something Cody never really is. His face is strained and abnormal, un-relaxed. I feel like I successfully caught a subtle awkwardness in this photo in Cody's face and uncomfortable looking stance. Something I feel I could have changed or improved upon in this picture is the background possibly taking away from my subject. He's wearing a plain black shirt with a neutral colored logo, compared to his blue and green background, which could lead the audience's eye away, although I also feel like the strong black in the shirt draws the attention back to Cody.

No comments:

Post a Comment